Monday, September 12, 2011

It is Time for the Truth

Truth. There is no absolute truth. There are three sides to every story - yours, mine, and the truth. But if we can't agree on what we are both observing? It seems these days the answer to this question might very well be "no". It seems these days that the truth if colored by the observers opinions. Don't believe that is the case then watch the news reporting a recent event. Now change channels and watch the same story from a different news channel reporter. Now change the channel and do it again. No one reports the same truth do they? After a while you're left to your own devices to determine what exactly is the truth and you have to hope that have the time to filter through it all and get to the facts, if you even care anymore.

I don't proclaim to know "the" truth, but I will tell you "my" truth. You may agree. You may not. I don't give a fuck because it is "my" truth. I refuse to worry about upsetting or disturbing anyone else's worldview at the sacrifice of my own because it is a dishonorable sacrifice - there is no greater good to be had.

You don't like what I say, you don't have to listen.

You don't like what I write, you don't have to read.

But the thing of it this - I don't care if you do or don't listen or read. It means nothing to me. I have a voice and I am going to use it and write "my" truth. Nothing will be spared. No feelings will be sheltered.

You have been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment